Join our Youth Panel and be a voice for young people in ExploreREGISTER YOUR INTEREST
We are seeking an energetic, diverse and committed group of 16-17 year olds to form our first Youth Panel.
- Do you have a passion for making a difference?
- Do you believe it’s important for young people to have the opportunity to explore what makes a healthy relationship?
- Do you think it’s important for young people to have a voice?
- Are you in year 12 and attending school in an Explore region (Essex, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Kent, or Buckinghamshire)?
If so, read on to find out more…
What is the Explore Youth Panel?
Our Youth Panel will be a group of 8-10 young people aged 16-17 (year 12) who will represent both their own and the views and voices of their peers. The main purpose of the Youth Panel will be to provide a voice for young people, our primary beneficiaries, within our work.
Young people involved in the panel will have the unique opportunity to…
- Tell us how they feel about topics that are important to them and key to our mission, such as commitment, trust and friendship and, as a result, enhance our approach to Explore sessions in schools
- Influence how we do things at Explore and how we move forward in our mission
- Develop and enhance their skills and competencies including public speaking, team working, communication, influencing and problem solving
What kind of things will the Youth Panel do?
The Panel will meet over a six-month period to tackle specific topics relating to Explore’s work, possibly attend some video calls, participate in a closed Facebook group and enjoy a team building event.
How will you benefit from being a Panel Member?
Our panel events and meetings are designed to develop new skills and competencies for panel members such as public speaking, communication, team working, influencing and problem solving.
All panel members are awarded a certification of their panel membership at the end of their year.
What do we ask of Panel Members?
- We ask you to commit to a year with the panel
- We ask you to be honest, open, authentic, respectful, compassionate and enthusiastic
- We ask you to share your views constructively and respectfully, and listen to the views of others
- We ask you to commit to attending 3-4 meetings, 6-7 video calls, participate in a closed Facebook group, and attend a team building event
- We ask you to be as flexible as you can on the dates you are available for panel events and activities
What does it cost to be involved?
There is no cost to panel members. All expenses are covered by Explore.
How do I apply?
Please select the ‘apply’ button below to complete our short online application form.
If you have any further questions, please write to us at email@example.com.
Explore’s Youth PanelREGISTER YOUR INTEREST
be a voice for young people in our work.
Find out more about the panel and apply.